Tuesday, September 11, 2012

organized chaos

The first concert I went to was that of Mandy Moore's when she came to Manila back in 2003. Eversince I saw her movie 'A Walk to Remember' I have been a fan and watching the concert seemed like the ultimate fangirl activity to show my support - cheesy I know but it's not like everyday that a favorite foreign artist comes to Manila and perform, so I decided I could not pass up the opportunity to see her live.
The concert was held at the Araneta Coliseum - an indoor concert venue which was quite tame as compared to outdoor concert venues such as the san manuel amphitheater tickets in San Bernardo California or the riverbend music center in Cincinnati Ohio. I have never been to an outdoor concert but I am thinking it would be mighty fun judging from the various youtube videos I have seen of concerts like that of indie artists in Coachella. I guess the reason I veer away from watching outdoor concerts is the fear pandemonium breaking out, but I guess nowadays there can be such a thing as controlled chaos as you can book tickets online like at the pnc bank arts center, check for performance schedules, location and even choose your seating.
Organized, controlled chaos – yes, it does sound like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment