Thursday, July 12, 2012

snap happy - deconstruction

Abu Dhabi is home to some of the most modern (and futuristic if I may say so) buildings in the world, there is the disk shaped Aldar Headquarters Building, the leaning Capital Gate Building and the rippling Abu Dhabi Investment Authority Building among others. I assume before these architectural wonders are built there was a process of demolition just like the old building near my place that I pass by everyday to and from work. Sometimes I wonder why people bother to stop and watch then I realized what is not to be interested in?  big machines, power tools, reducing a once tall building into rubbles, its like lego land construction - and so I too gave in my curiosity and stopped by just long enough to take these photos. Now I am getting the weird stares I used to give people watching the demolition going on. Talk about getting a taste of your own medicine!







No comments:

Post a Comment