Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Parisian dreams

There is something romantic about early morning food shopping, and I imagine it would be even more so if there is a Farmers Market here in the UAE much like the ones I see abroad and on TV. On one of my travels we passed by a farmers market in Rhineland (?) but we sadly could not linger as we are on a scheduled ferry ride, I would have so loved to walk in that maze of a market and purchase fresh fruits and local produce.

Anyway, today being my off from work I went to the grocery to get items for the day's menu. Number three on the list if a french baguette and as I stood in line at the counter carrying my baguette in one arm I suddenly had that amusing though if imagining I was in a French Boulangerie and so I walked home with my baguette tucked under one arm, felling I was walking the streets of Paris wearing a beret!!!

freshly baked!

No comments:

Post a Comment