Tuesday, May 22, 2012

photography road trip

After last friday's road trip I can finally tick off Ras Al Khaimah from the list of the United Arab's seven Emirates that I have yet to visit. The photography club that I have joined organized an out of town photo shoot and field trips of sorts for fun, camaraderie and skill practice.

Our destination was the so called 'ghost town' in Ras Al Khaimah. Admittedly a scaredy cat - I had apprehensions when I heard the term 'ghost town', I had that crazy notion that I might see 'things' in the pictures and so I prayed not to see or experience anything weird because I might just get a heart attack!

When we got to the place I saw a board that says "Jazirat Al Hamra Archeological Site" well it certainly sounds more interesting that the term 'ghost town' so I relaxed a little bit, historical and archeological places I like.

Here are some of my outputs:






I was drawn to taking snaps of doorways, doors and windows, I didn't have time to be creeped out by the abandoned buildings, coming in and taking pictures was a respite from the sweltering heat outside



It is amazing to see places like Jazirat Al Hamra showing the old architectural designs of the earlier decades when the surrounding area boasts of modern buildings and even a water fun park.



upon closer inspection you can see that the 'bricks' used to build this structures are actually corrals which reminded me of a line from the book 'The Alchemist' that says the dessert must have once been the sea.... yeah must have...


our poor model friend had to endure the midday heat

here is one of the indoor shots


group picture before lunch and packing up!!

That's six of the seven emirates I have been to: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujeira and Ras Al Khaimah - last one is Umm Al Quain!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool. Hope to be able to join this group when I get to AD
    check out my blog: jadeblyss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!!! and I sure will stop by your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete