Tuesday, April 10, 2012

oh crepe!!!

I have tried my hand at baking cakes, cupcakes, bars and cookies - I have even attempted to make my own bread, but I have never tried making crepes. While most think that it is just thinned out pancake batter it can be very difficult to handle because of its delicacy thus I'd rather eat my crepes with all the fixins rather than attempt to make it at home.

I have heard my friend rave about the Crepe Cafe in Central Market and being a sucker for sweet treats I told my self I have to try it someday and it was luck that I found a half off deal for the cafe on the internet.
The cafe had a number of sweet and savory crepe, pancake and waffle selection. The savory items looked and read tempting (the menu had a brief description of the item) but I am determined to try out sweet crepes and waffles so we ordered the Strawberry delight crepe and Mixed Berry waffle to share.

When our orders came I like how it was plated, perfect arrangement with a drizzling of chocolate sauce and a dusting of powdered sugar. I took only 2 photos because I can't wait to dig in and so we attacked!

Both were really good. The waffle is perfectly cooked and with a slight crunch to it. The crepe was as it should be - delicate, thin and soft but not soggy. Both topped with berries with a scoop of chocolate ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream on the side we enjoyed every mouthful. With my sweet tooth satisfied we left smiling and joking how many hours of walking it would take to burn of those calories.




No comments:

Post a Comment