Wednesday, March 21, 2012

happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day mom and to all the mothers out there!

Most of the Arab world celebrates mother's day today and I remember being confused when I was new in the Emirates - banners began to pop up everywhere with promotions for flowers and chocolates, I knew for certain that this particular occassion is celebrated in May but not knowing when exactly I panicked and in a frenzy I messaged my mom and greeted her - she must have been as confused as I was because she replied by asking me "isn't mothers day in May?"...

... well if you live in the Philippines, United States or 70 or so other countries it is, on the second sunday of May to be exact but here in the middle east it is today March 21 - so Happy Mother's day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment