Friday, March 16, 2012

chillin' out birthday

its been a few months since I had last dined at Chili's - I always thought that their steaks are on the dry side even though I prefer mine medium rare that is why I stick to fajitas and the seafood choices.

Today, in celebration of my friends' birthday we had lunch at Chili's and we all agreed that there definitely are improvements on the menu and food preparation. It may have been the end result to it being shutdown by the Food Authority a few months back, at least now we know they are keeping up to par.

The salmon and shrimp combo I ordered was cooked perfectly - the salmon had a crisp golden exterior but still is juicy inside as are the plump shrimps. The sides of veggies and mashed potato are better than I remembered them -the mashed potatoes are creamy, topped with shredded cheddar cheese and bits of bacon and I swear I detected a bit of mozzarella.The (well done) steaks that was ordered around was cooked just right - though I still prefer mine medium rare.

But of course the star of the day were the desserts - presented with a birthday song for the birthday boy. The Molten Lava cake is a good as ever - no wonder its their best seller. As for me though I discovered I loved the Chocolate Chip Paradise even more - served in a tiny hot pan this chewy version of a blondie brownie with walnuts, coconut and chocolate chips topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with hot fudge and caramel is scrumptious! Chocolate Chip Paradise indeed!

It was really a very happy birthday lunch! 


No comments:

Post a Comment