Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dinner with Shakespeare and co

The first time I have been to Central Market, I had just passed by this cafe and was attracted by the shabby chic decor and intigued by the smells that wafted to my nostrils as I passed by and vowed to try it the next time.

So when my friends called for some catching up, I ,without hesitation suggested the place. We all loved the old world 'victorian' decor. I particularly loved the distressed tables and mismatched chairs and sofa. The place was very cozy and inviting and I hope the food would be as good... and It was!

The complimentary bread and garlic herbed butter was so good, I would have gladly paid for it. The bread smelled so good and the butter have just the right amount of garlicky goodness.

My friends had three different kinds of pasta. The spaghetti Bolognese, Lazagna and Fetuccine. All had just the right amount of tomato tanginess and alfredo sauce creaminess. It wasn't heavily seasoned to the point that you loose your appetite or interest after a few bites. I had the Chicken and tiger prawn which I finished all by myself while my friends shared their pasta with each other. The servings are generous enough for two if you aren't that heavy an eater.

For dessert we had the chocolate and vanilla ice cream and the strawberry and vanilla variation. Being a chocolate girl I devoured the chocolate ice cream which had that bitter sweet chocolatey taste I love.

The bill came to a total of AED 360 for 6 persons which I think is a good enough deal. And Oh, the staff were accomodating enough to let us ran around taking a lot of pictures!

am feeling the 'victorian era' vibe


chocolate vanilla cake

the counter choc full of goodies

love the chabby chic decor! wish my living room was this pretty

1 comment:

  1. Hi,


    Welcome to the most popular online photo editor in the world!

    Pixlr-o-matic is being formally launched in UAE.

    Pixlr-o-matic- the makers of AutoCAD, Autodesk – a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software in the world.

    For this summer, Pixlr-o-matic has also launched a cool and interesting photo competition on Facebook for UAE residents. Weekly winners are getting featured on the Wall of Fame at the Autodesk Inc. San Francisco office and there are iPads to be won.

    You can use the cool pictures from your blog.

    One needs to only upload an edited photo taken with their camera or mobile using the downloaded App. This competition is unique as it’s open only to residents in UAE.

    One can participate in the competition by visiting the following link

    http://www.facebook.com/PixlromaticUAE/app_265420040225646

    ReplyDelete