Wednesday, March 16, 2011

just beachin'!

... one of the things I love about Abu Dhabi is how accessible the beaches are. You can just up and go hail a cab and spend your day at the beach without the stressful need to make reservations or anything. All you really have to do is bring yourself , pay 10 dirhams for the entrance fee if you want the luxury of having your own cabana or beach chair or spread your own mat at the open beach and pay nothing but enjoy everything - the wind in your hair, sun on your skin, the cool breeze and the sound of the waves lapping on the shore...

... twice these past few weeks I have been to the beach and spent some relaxing alone time. Having been tired of being cooped up my room staring at the TV screen or the four corners of my ceiling or getting a headache from too much sleep, I decided that the next time I get an off I would go to the beach and spent my mornings there.




... and so I did - I had a peaceful and glorious day catching up on my reading, lazing about my own spot under the sun and munching on fruits and some sandwiches. ahhh... 'tis the life... I can't wait to go spend another beachin' day! - next time I'd be inviting friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment