Thursday, November 18, 2010

the Ferrari World experience

... with two days of Eid Holidays left, me and my brother decided to go to Ferrari World and sad to say, the experience fell short of our expectations. We both thought that it being the first Ferrari themed amusement park it could do better.

... we weren't that much 'wow-ed' when we went inside, I don't know, but we didn't feel overwhelmingly amazed or awed while walking inside which I think is the way you should feel when entering a theme park. Sure the cars on display were nice and shiny but the park interiors lacked some 'oomph' factor.

... they could have better queue management. We waited five hours to ride the Formula Rossa because people shamelessly queue jumped. We saw people complain and shout, one even asked to call security but I didn't see any action done. Three hours into the wait my brother called the place PILA-ri world (means queue world in english, Pila being the tagalog word for queue).

... they took back our tickets when we left. The cards are electronically swiped at the barriers so I guess it can be used again, but you won't have any souvenir ticket.

... Formula Rossa boasts to be the fastest and fifth longest roaller coaster in the world, too bad I don't have proof to show that I had been in it. There were no cameras to snap a picture of you during the ride. You know the one they have built-in at the point of the ride where your face contorts in every which angle? they don't have that which sucks because apart from the ride itself the best part is seeing your facial expression on screen, ready to be printed and purchased. Heck they don't even have that fake coaster seat with the fake backdrop where you can take a souvenir shot!!!


... I would have enjoyed better if I had not waited in the queue for one ride for five hours, with that amount of time I would have been to the other attractions, maybe enjoyed walking and checking out the displays better. Maybe being a dufus when it come to cars I just didn't know how to appreciate it. Oh well, I guess the five hour wait was worth it, if only to have bragging rights to have been on the fastest roaller coaster in the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment